Circle E Fried Catfish
Makes 4 to 6 servings
2- pounds catfish fillets
2 - eggs
1 - cup cornmeal
1/2 - teaspoon salt
1/4 - teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 - cup vegetable oil
2 - bunches green onions, chopped
4 - garlic coves, minced
- Rinse and dry fish with paper towels.
- In a shallow mixing bowl, lightly beat
- In another mixing bowl, add cornmeal,
salt and pepper. Mix.
- Dip catfish in egg and then cost with
- In a large skillet, pour about 2
inches of oil. Heat oil to 365� F. or until a 1-inch bread cube
turns golden brown in 50 seconds.
- In batches, add catfish to
- Cook until catfish turns golden brown
and begins to flake.
- Drain catfish on a paper towel.
- In a small skillet, add 1 teaspoon oil
and add onions and garlic. Cook until they become soft.
- Spoon onions and garlic over catfish