Miss Kitty’s Brownies
- 1/2 - cup shortening
- 1 - package semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 - cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 - teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 - teaspoon salt
- 2 - eggs, beaten
- 1/2 - cup sugar
- 1 - cup chopped nuts
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 375-degrees F.
1) In mixing bowl,
combine shortening and chocolate. Melt over hot water.
Remove from heat when melted.
2) In a bowl, sift flour,
baking powder and salt.
3) Beat eggs in a mixing bowl; add
sugar gradually beat until fluffy.
4) Add flour mixture and
nuts; blend well. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture.
5) Spread mixture evenly in a well greased 8 or 9 inch square
pan or in a greased wax paper lined pan.
6) Bake at
375-degresss fur 25 to 30 minutes. Cool slightly and cut
Makes 16 to 25 servings.
Old West Timeline
Mar 27, 1851 - Mariposa Battalion, led by
James D. Savage are first reported non-natives to enter Yosemite