In Old Arizona
In Old Arizona is a
1929 Western film, directed by Irving Cummings and Raoul Walsh, nominated
for five Academy Awards, including Best Picture.
What do you know about
Old Arizona? Have fun playing this Western
Films Fun Trivia quiz.
Tom Barry adapted the screenplay. Who wrote the short story "The
Caballero's Way" that Barry adapted?
- O. Henry
- Zane Grey
- Louis L'Amour
2. Warner Baxter plays the lead. What was his
- Clayton Moore
- Cisco Kid
- Mark Reynolds
3. Who directed the film?
- Irving Cummings
- Jim Manning
- Marv Thronberry
4. Who was originally cast in the lead but was
replaced after losing an eye in an car accident after a jackrabbit breaks
- Raoul Walsh
- John Ford
- Herbie Mann
5. The new lead actor broke his leg shortly before
the picture was to start again. Who was the new lead?
- Jack Cassidy
- Buddy Roosevelt
- John Wayne
6. The first all-talking sound-on-film feature and
the first talkie shot outdoors.
7. The movie had five Academy Award nominations and
had one winner. Who won an Oscars for In Old Arizona?
- Warner Baxter, actor
- Tom Barry, writer
- Irving Cummings, director
8. Who played Sergeant Mickey Dunn?
- Edmund Lowe
- Tom Santschi
- James Bradbury Jr.
9. Who did Dorothy Burgess play?
10. The film made extensive use of authentic
locations, filming in Bryce Canyon National Park and Zion National Park in
Utah and the San Fernando Mission and the Mojave Desert in California.