Green Beans with Hot Black Walnut Vinaigrette
Makes 6 servings
Prep Time: 30 min.
Cooking Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 – pounds white half-runners,
fall greenies, or any fresh green beans
- 8 – strips (1/2-pound) bacon
- 1/4 – vinegar
- 3 – Tablespoons water
- 2 – teaspoons sugar
- 1 – teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 - cup black walnut pieces
- Wash, break, and string the green
beans. Remove the tips and ends.
- In a steaming pot, steam the green
beans or 8 to 12 minutes or until tender.
- While you are steaming green beans,
fry the bacon in a large frying pan.
- Lift the bacon from the pan and drain
on paper towels.
- To the bacon drippings in the frying
pan, add the vinegar, water, sugar, salt, and pepper. Bring to a
boil and stir.
- Crumble the bacon and mince or grate
half the nuts.
- Add half of the bacon and half of the
nuts to the dressing.
- Add the green beans to the pan.
- Bring to a boil and stir.
- Pour into a serving bowl and toss.
- Garnish with the reserved bacon and
Page 1 of 1