Trudi's Slow Cooker Italian Sausage
Prep Time: 30 min
Cooking Time: 1 hr + HIGH 6 hrs or LOW 12 hrs
- 2-1/2 cups (1 pound) dry navy beans
- 8 cups
- 1 pound
hot Italian sausage links, sliced
- 1 large
- 1 small
greed pepper, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 salt
- 8 fresh
- 2 bay
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup molasses
Tablespoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Rinse beans and place in large saucepan. Add water.
- Bring to boiling point, reduce heat and simmer
(covered) for 1-hour.
- Transfer to bowl, cover and refrigerate over night.
- Drain beans, reserving 1-1/2 cups of liquid.
- In 4-quart electric slow cooker, combine beans,
sausage, onion, green pepper, salt pork, mushrooms, and bay leaves.
- In a bowl, combine reserved bean liquid with ketchup,
molasses, mustard, salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic salt.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 12 hours.
Page 1 of 1