Wheeling Root Beer Cupcakes
2 dozen cupcakes
Prep Time: 40 min
Baking Time: 25 min
Cooling Time: 20 min
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups root beer
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package butter recipe
yellow cake mix with pudding
- 3 Farm-Fresh Eggs
- 1/3 cup crushed root beer-flavored candies
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons milk
- Crushed root beer-flavored candies, if
Preheat oven to 350°F. Use the amount of root
beer (1 to 1 1/4 cups) as indicted for water on cake mix package.
- In a large bowl, combine root beer, 1/2 cup
butter, cake mix and eggs. At low speed, beat until moistened.
Increase speed to medium. Beat until well mixed. Stir in crushed
- Spoon scant 1/4 cup batter into each
paper-lined muffin cup.
- Bake for 23 to 25 minutes or until
toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 2 to 3 minutes and remove from pan.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine
powdered sugar and 1/4 cup butter.
- Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often and
gradually adding enough milk for desired spreading consistency.
- Frost cooled cupcakes.
- Garnish with additional crushed root
beer-flavored candies, if desired.
Alan's Kitchen Tips:
- Be sure to use the specific weight cake mix
as directed above to ensure success of this recipe.
- To crush candies, place in heavy resealable
plastic food bag. Crush with hammer or rolling pin on cutting
board. Candies can also be crushed in small food processor or
Page 1 of 1