Peterstown Chocolate-Raspberry Cupcakes
Makes 20 to 24 cupcakes
Cooking Time: 20 to 25 minutes
- 2/3 - cup butter, unsalted at room temperature
- 1-1/2 - cups Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- 2 - eggs, large
- 1 - teaspoon almond extract
- 2 - cups sour cream (16 oz.)
- 1-1/3 - cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 - cup cocoa powder
- 2 - teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 cup almonds, finely ground, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup raspberry preserves
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cupcake pans with
- With electric mixer on medium speed, cream
together butter and sugar until fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time--beat well (one minute)
after each addition.
- Add almond extract and sour cream.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa,
cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Add ground almonds. With mixer on low speed,
add dry ingredients to creamed mixture.
- Mix until completely integrated. Fill cupcake
liners one-half to three-quarters full.
- Drop a teaspoon of raspberry preserves into
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick
inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes in pan.
Page 1 of 1