Hampshire Bran Applesauce Cupcakes
Prep Time: 30 min.
Total Time: 1 hr. 20 min.
- 1 - cup applesauce
- 1/2 - cup milk
- 1 - cup All-BranŽ Original
- 1/2 - cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 1/2 - cups granulated sugar
- 1 - teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 - teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 - teaspoon cloves
- 3 - eggs
- 2 - cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 - teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 - teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- Lemon Frosting
- 6 - Tablespoons margarine or butter,
- 1 - teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 - box (1 pound) powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 - Tablespoons milk
Preheat oven to 350° F. 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan
cups coated with cooking spray or lined with paper cups.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine applesauce, milk
and ALL-BRAN cereal. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat together margarine, sugar,
cinnamon, all-spice and cloves.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after
- Stir together flour, baking powder, soda and
salt. Add alternately with cereal mixture to margarine mixture,
beating well after each addition.
- Spoon into muffin-pan cups until half full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until wooded pick
inserted in cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes, remove from pan and cool
Frost with Lemon Frosting.
- To prepare Lemon Frosting, combine margarine or butter,
grated lemon peel, powdered sugar, and milk, mixing until smooth.
- Frost cooled cupcakes. If desired, garnish with
Page 1 of 1