Home Cookin' Lizzies Cookies
Time: 15 min
Baking Time: 20 min
- 1/2 pound butter, softened
- 2 cups darn brown sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup thick peach juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 pound candied cherries (red and green)
- 1/2 pound candied pineapple (1/4-pound white and 1/4-pound
- 1/4 pound white seedless raisins
- 3/4 pound dark seedless raisins
- 3/4 pound English walnuts or 1-1/2 pounds black walnuts
- 3/4 pound pecans
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add well-beaten eggs and peach juice. Mix well.
- Add flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking soda. Mix well.
- Add cherries, pineapple, raisins, walnuts, and pecans. (Cut into
- Work with hand until well mixed.
- Chill dough overnight.
- Drop from spoon 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until done.
Page 1 of 1