Grandma Pearl's Grilled Chicken Breasts with Ham Filling
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 min
Grilling Time: 16 min
- 2 whole boneless chicken breasts (skin left on) about 2 pounds,
- 4 sticks blue cheese (each 2x1/2x1/12 - inch)
- 4 thin slices cooked ham
- 2 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup pepper and garlic grilling sauce
- 4 Tablespoon unsalted butter - cut into pieces
Insert a sharp paring
knife into the thicker end of each chicken breast half and cut a
lengthwise pocket carefully.
Make it as wide as
possible without puncturing sides. Wrap each stick of the blue
cheese in a ham slice, enclosing it.
Insert the blue cheese
wrap into the chicken pockets and seal each opening well with a
In a small saucepan, add
the Worcestershire Sauce, the lemon juice and the pepper and
garlic grilling sauce just to a simmer.
Remove the pan from the
heat and swirl in the butter.
Preheat grill to medium-high
- Season the chicken breast with salt and
pepper. Place on an oiled grill rack.
- Baste the chicken frequently with the
sauce, for approximately 8 minutes on each side or until the
chicken is cooked through.
- Serve any leftover basting sauce along
side of the chicken.
Page 1 of 1