Mrs. Miller's Bubble Bread
Prep Time: 30 min
Baking Time: 45 min
- 1 - cup milk, scalded
- 1/2 - cup sugar
- 1 - teaspoon salt
- 2 - package y east
- 2 - beaten eggs
- 1 1/2 - cup flour
- 1 - stick butter or margarine
- Sugar Mixture
- 1 - cup sugar
- 1 - Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 - cup pecans and raisins (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease angel food cake
- In a large mixing bowl, mix milk, 1/2 cup sugar,
and salt. Cool to lukewarm.
- Add yeast, eggs, and flour.
- On a floured surface, knead till smooth and
elastic, not sticky.
- Place in a greased bowl and cover with a damp
cloth and let rise until it doubles in size.
- Push down and let rise till double in size.
- Push down and let rise 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small pan, melt butter.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 cup sugar,
cinnamon, pecans, and raisins.
- Make dough size of walnut, roll each in melted
butter hen in sugar mixture.
- Place in cake pan in staggered rows until all
dough is used.
- Let rise and bake for about 45 minutes.
Page 1 of 1