Oliverio's Veal Parmesan
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 3 - Tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 - cup finely chopped onion
- 1 - clove garlic, finely chopped
- 8 - ounces peppers in tomato sauce (any
- 1 - Tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1
teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 - egg
- 1/2 - cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 - cup (1 ounces) grated Parmesan
- 1 - pound thin veal cutlets
- 4 - ounces thinly sliced mozzarella
Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In medium saucepan over medium-high heat,
heat 1 Tablespoon oil.
- Add onion and garlic and cook 2 to 3
minutes or until tender. Stir in tomato sauce and
- Bring to boil and reduce heat to
- Cook 5 to 10 minutes or until heated
through and keep warm.
- Place egg in shallow dish and beat
- In a shallow dish, combine crumbs and
- Dip veal in egg and coat with crumb
- Heat remaining oil in large skillet over
- Add veal and cook 1 to 2 minutes on each
side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Place veal in 13x9-inch baking dish.
sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake for 5 to 6 minutes or until cheese
- Serve sauce over veal.
Page 1 of 1