Brownie Caramel Pecan Bars
Makes 16 bars
Prep Time: 15 min.
Baking Time 20 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter or
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 cups (12-ounces package)
Hershey’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Caramel Topping (recipe below)
- 1 cup pecan pieces
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line
9-inch square baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of
pan; grease and flour foil.
- In a medium saucepan, combine
sugar, butter and water.
- Cook over low heat, stirring
constantly, until mixture boils.
- Remove from heat; immediately
add 1 cup chocolate chips, stirring until melted.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until
- Stir together flour, baking soda
and salt; stir into chocolate mixture.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until
brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Meanwhile, prepare Caramel
- Remove brownies from oven and
immediately and carefully spread with caramel topping.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup chips
and pecans over topping; lightly press into topping.
- Cool completely in pan on wire
rack, being careful not to disturb chips while soft.
- Lift out of pan and cut into
- Remove wrappers from 25 caramel
- Combine 2 tablespoons butter or
margarine, caramels and 1 tablespoon milk in medium
- Microwave at HIGH (100%)
1 minute and stir.
- Microwave an additional 1 to 2
minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, or until caramels are melted
and mixture is smooth when stirred.
- Use immediately.
Page 1 of 1