With Peppers and Posole
Makes 6 (1 1/2-cup) servings
Prep Time: 30 min.
Slow Cooker Time: LOW
for 8 to 10 hrs. or HIGH for 3 to 4 hrs.
Chili Recipe Directions:
1) In a slow cooker, place onion, bell peppers, posole, tomato
sauce, diced omatoes, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, and
2) In a 12-inch skillet, melt butter until sizzling and then add
3) Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until
browned for 5 to 7 minutes.
4) Place pork in slow cooker and stir.
5) Cover and cook on LOW heat for 8 to 10 hours,
or on HIGH heat setting for 3 to 4 hours or until
pork is fork tender.
6) To serve, ladle into individual serving bowls. Dollop each
serving with sour cream, if desired.
*Substitute 1 (16-ounce) package frozen whole kernel
commonly called hominy, though this term is also used to refer to a
thick hearty soup containing hominy. Hominy is dried white or yellow
corn kernels which have had the hull and germ removed. Posole
(hominy) is sold canned, ready to eat or dried. Look for posole in
the section of your supermarket that has canned beans.