Vegetable Bean Chili
Makes 6 (1 1/2-cup) servings
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 21 min.
- Chili Ingredients:
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 medium (1 cup) carrots, finely
- 1 medium (1/2 cup) onion, chopped
- 1 medium (3/4 cup) green or red
bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh
- 1 can (14 1/2-ounce) chili-style
- 1 can (15-ounce) hot chili beans
- 1 can (15.5-ounce) kidney beans
- 1 can (14 1/2-ounce) vegetable
- 1 cup vegetable tomato juice
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- Topping Ingredients:
- Cheddar Cheese, shredded, if desired
a 4-quart saucepan, melt butter until sizzling. Add carrots,
onion, green pepper and garlic.
over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally,
until vegetables are crisply tender.
diced tomatoes, chili beans, kidney beans, broth, tomato juice
and chili powder.
cooking for 5 to 8 minutes until mixture comes to a boil.
your heat to low. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring
occasionally, until heated through and flavors are blended.
serve, top each serving with shredded cheese, if desired.
Recipe 1 of 1