Dodge City Chili
Makes 6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: LOW 10 to 12 hours or HIGH 5 to 6 hours
- 2 - pounds ground beef
- 2 - medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 - green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 - cloves garlic, minced
- 2 - cans (16 ounces) red kidney
- 2 - cans (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 - can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 to 3 - Tablespoons chili powder
- 2-1/2 - teaspoons salt
- 1 - teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, add beef and
brown. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic halfway through browning
- To the slow cooker, add in the ground
- Next, add in the kidney beans, diced
tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW 10 to 12
hours or HIGH 5 to 6 hours.
- Serve in soup bowl.