Makes 8 to 10 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: HIGH 30 minutes and LOW 4 to 6 hours
- 2 - pounds ground beef
- 1 - large onion, diced
- 1 - can (28 ounce) diced tomatoes
- 2 - cans (8 ounces) tomato puree
2 - cans (16 ounces) kidney beans, undrained
- 1 - can diced green chilies
- 1 - cup water
- 2 - cloves garlic, minced
- 2 - Tablespoons mild chili powder
- 2 - teaspoon salt
- 2 - teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 - teaspoon pepper
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a skillet, add beef and
brown. Add onion halfway through browning
- Set slow cooker temperature to HIGH.
- To the slow cooker, pour in the ground
- Cook on HIGH 30 minutes.
- Add in diced tomatoes, tomato puree,
kidney beans, green chilies, water, garlic, mild chili powder,
salt, ground cumin, and pepper.
- Reduce heat to LOW.
- Cover and cook on LOW 4 to 6 hours.
- Serve in bowls and top with cheddar