Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
1 pound dried kidney beans, soaked
1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1"
1 Tablespoon butter
3 Tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic, sliced
3 yellow onions, peeled and chopped
1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
2 Tablespoons chili powder
2 cups water
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large stockpot, cook beans as
direction on package indicates.
- Brown pork in frying pan with a olive oil.
Remove to stockpot.
- In pan, saute garlic, onions, cumin seeds,
jalapeno, green and red peppers until the onions are translucent
- To the cooked bean pot, add sauteed items,
water, Worcestershire sauce, red wine and salt.
You can make the chili a day or two ahead of
time. Heat (on stove or in microwave) and pour into a thermos. When
you get to your picnic and tailgate party, it is nice and hot.