Broccoli and Ham Strata
Makes 8 servings
Prep Time: 15 min.
Chilling Time: several
hours or overnight
Baking Time: 65 min.
Butter a 9x13-inch baking pan.
1) In a small saucepan, cook
broccoli in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
2) Using a cookie cutter or a
glass, cut bread slices into circles. Set these aside.
3) Cut the remaining scraps of
bread into cubes and place in the baking pan.
4) Sprinkle cheese over bread.
5) Layer broccoli over cheese.
6) Layer ham over broccoli.
7) Arrange round pieces of bread on
8) In a medium bowl, combine eggs,
milk, onions, slat, pepper, dry mustard, nutmeg, and steak sauce.
Beat until well mixed. Pour over the bread.
9) Cover pan and refrigerate for
several hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 325-degrees F.
10) Bake, uncovered for 55 to 65
minutes or until knife inserted in them idle comes out lean.
11) Let set for 10 to 15 minutes
You will find
strata recipes work best when the bread is partially dry. If you are
using fresh bear, lightly toast in the oven.
Page 1 of 1