King Ranch Beef Casserole
Makes 6 to 8 Servings
Prep Time: 15 min.
Baking Time: 30 min.
- 2 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 Tablespoon fresh jalapeno,
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 12 ounces canned evaporated milk
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes and
- 1 can condensed beef broth
- 5-1/2 cups shredded beef or fully cooked
brisket (shredded) or fully cooked shredded beef
- 8 ounces grated cheddar or
Mexican blend cheese
- 12 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F. and grease a 2-1/2 quart
- Add oil to large heated skillet and saute onion, peppers and
- Mix in all spices and cook until onion is translucent.
- Add milk, tomatoes and broth. Bring to a simmer. Remove from
- Stir in beef and cheese.
- Cut tortillas into quarters and placed half into a 2-1/2
quart casserole dish.
- Top with half of the beef mixture. Repeat layers, ending
with beef mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Page 1 of 1