Beef and Zucchini Mediterranean Bake
Makes 4 Servings
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 5 min.
Baking Time: 10
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black
- 1 lb.
top sirloin steak, 1/2 to 3/4-inch thick
Tablespoon olive oil, divided
large tomato, diced
large black olives
teaspoon thyme leaves
teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh feta
cheese, finely crumbled or Parmesan cheese, grated
- Crush 1 clove garlic and mix with Greek seasoning and
- Press mixture into both sides of steak and cook in 1/2
Tablespoon olive oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes per side.
- Remove steak and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Slice zucchini in half lengthwise and microwave cut side
down in 1/4 inch water for 2 minutes.
- Use a melon baller or spoon to scoop pulp from centers.
- Chop pulp, tomato and olives.
- Stir together 1 clove chopped garlic, thyme, oregano, finely
crumbed cheese and beef cubes.
- Place zucchini halves in a baking dish.
- Brush insides with remaining olive oil. Fill with beef
and vegetable mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degrees F oven for 8-10 minutes.
Alan's Kitchen Suggestions
- Serve with a mixed green salad, pasta and crusty bread.
Page 1 of 1