Bratwurst Octoberfest Casserole
Prep Time: 15 min
Baking Time: 10 min
- 1 - package (1.25-lb.) Special Select - Bratwurst Dinner
- 2 - medium potatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 - medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 - can (16-oz.) sauerkraut, drained
- 1 1/2 - cups apple cider, divided
- 1 - medium apple, cored and thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat 3-quart casserole with
vegetable cooking spray.
- Slice bratwurst into 3/4-inch pieces.
- Cook in large skillet until browned and no longer pink
inside and drain.
- Add potatoes and onion to sausage in skillet.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until potatoes are
tender, stirring frequently.
- Place bratwurst mixture in casserole. Rinse and drain
sauerkraut and set aside.
- Heat 1/2 cup apple cider in skillet.
- Add sauerkraut and sauté 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Top casserole with sauerkraut.
- Arrange apple slices over sauerkraut. Pour remaining apple
cider over casserole.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes.