Creamy Shrimp 'N Scallops Casserole
Prep Time: 25 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
Baking Time 19 min
Standing Time: 10 min
- 10 - frozen phyllo pastry sheets, thawed
- 2 1/2 - pounds unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp
- 2 - packages (10-ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 5 - Tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 - garlic cloves, minced
- 1 - pound fresh bay scallops
- 1 - package (8-ounces) container sour cream
- 1/3 - cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 - teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 - cup all-purpose flour
- 2 - cups half & half
Preheat oven to 400° F. Lightly Grease 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Cut phyllo sheets into 13x9-inch rectangle. Reserve half of
phyllo sheets, keeping covered with a damp towel to prevent
- Stack remaining 8 sheets in a baking dish, lightly coating
each sheet with vegetable cooking spray.
- Bake on lowest oven rack at 400° F. for 5 minutes or until lightly
browned. Set aside.
- Peel shrimp and devein.
- Drain spinach, pressing between paper towels.
- Melt 1-Tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium
- Add garlic, and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and scallops. Cook 5 minutes or just until shrimp
- Stir in cream cheese, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, salt, and
red pepper until blended.
- Remove from heat. Stir in spinach.
- In a saucepan, melt remaining 1/4-cup butter over medium
- Add flour, whisking constantly, cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually add half & half. Cook, whisking constantly for
3 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
- Stir flour mixture into shrimp mixture.
- Spoon into baking dish.
- Stack reserve phyllo sheets, coating each with cooking
- Toll up, jellyroll fashion, staring at long end, and cut
into 1/4-inch slices.
- Unroll each piece and gently twist. Arrange twists in a
diamond pattern over casserole.
- Bake for 14 minute or until golden. Let stand 10
Page 1 of 1