Cheesy Bacon 'N Ham Casserole
Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
Baking Time: 45 min
- 1/2 - pound bacon
- 1/2 - pound cooked ham, chopped
- 3/4 - cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 - loaf (16-ounces) pasteurized prepared
cheese product, cubed
- 1/4 - cup butter or margarine
- 6 - large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 - cup milk
- 2 - teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 - teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease
13x9-inch baking dish.
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
Remove bacon and drain on paper towels.
- Reserve 1-Tablespoon bacon drippings in
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Cook ham in skillet with bacon drippings
over medium heat until brown.
- Cook grips a cording to package
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese and
butter until melted.
- Stir in bacon, ham, eggs, milk, baking
powder and pepper.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until set.
Alan's Kitchen Tip:
- You can prepare casserole a day ahead.
Cover and chill. Remove from refrigerator the following day
and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Bake as