Southern Beef Casserole
Prep Time: 15 min
Baking Time: 35 min
Stand time: 10 min
- 2 cans (8-ounces) crescent rolls,
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 2 cups (8-ounces) shredded Cheddar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Toppings: sour cream, salsa
Preheat oven to 375-degrees F. Lightly grease
13x9-inch baking pan.
- Unroll 1 can crescent rolls and press
into baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef and
onion. Stir until beef crumbles is no longer pink. Drain.
- Stir in cheese, water, chili sauce, taco
seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon over crust in baking pan.
- Unroll remaining can of crescent rolls,
and shop into a rectangle, pressing perforations to seal.
- Cut into 1/2-inch strips. Arrange strips
in a lattice design over beef mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden. Let
casserole stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa, if
Page 1 of 1