Southwestern Chicken Casserole
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 30 min
- 1 - Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 - pounds boneless skinless chicken
breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 - can (15-ounces) black beans, drained and
- 1 - can (11-ounces) whole kernel corn,
- 1 - can (15-ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 - teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1 - teaspoon Cumin, Ground
- 1/2 - teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 - teaspoon Gourmet Collection
Chipotle Chile Pepper
- 2 - cups shredded Monterey Jack and Cheddar
cheese blend, divided
- 1 - package (8 to 8 1/2-ounces) corn muffin
Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high
- Add chicken; cook and stir 5 to 7 minutes or
until cooked through.
- Stir in beans, corn, tomato sauce, chili
powder, cumin, garlic powder, and chile pepper.
- Bring to boil on medium heat. Remove from
- Stir in 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Pour
into 2 1/2-quart casserole. Top with remaining cheese.
- Prepare corn muffin mix batter as directed on
- Spoon dollops of prepared corn muffin batter
over chicken mixture.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until corn bread is