Chicken & Stuffing Casserole
Prep Time: 20 min
Baking Time: 35 min
- Filling Ingredients:
- 3 - cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 - cups frozen chopped
- 1 - can (10 3/4-ounce)
condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 - cup Sour Cream
- 1/3 - cup low sodium chicken
- 1 1/2 - teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 - teaspoon pepper
- Topping Ingredients:
- 6 - cups dried cubed herb
seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 - (14 3/4-ounce) can low
sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 - cup Butter
- 4 - ounces (1 cup) Cheddar
Heat oven to 400° F. Grease
13x9-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken,
broccoli, soup, Sour Cream, broth, thyme, and pepper.
- Spoon into baking dish.
- In a large bowl, place stuffing
- In a 1-quart saucepan, combine 1
can chicken broth and butter .
- Cook over high heat for 2 to 3
minutes or until mixture comes to a boil.
- Pour broth mixture over stuffing
- Toss with fork until stuffing mix
is moistened. Spoon over filling.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake
for 15 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil. Continue
baking for 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is bubbly.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand for
2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Alan's Kitchen Tip:
- To prepare for lunches, divide
mixture among 10 resealable plastic food bowls. Seal
containers; refrigerate overnight or freeze. At
lunchtime, place cover loosely over container;
microwave, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Need cooked chicken for a recipe? You can purchase it already cubed and cooked in the
freezer section of your supermarket just thaw and use. Look for fully cooked roasted chicken strips in the meat
department just cut up and use.
- Or, purchase a boneless, skinless
chicken breast and poach it. To poach a chicken breast,
place 12-ounce boneless skinless chicken breast and
about 1 1/2 cups water in a large skillet. Bring to
boiling. Cover and cook for 12 to 14 minutes or until the
chicken is no longer pink.