Sausage-Mushroom Cranberry Tart
Makes 8 servings
Prep Time: 15 min.
Baking Time: 35 to 42 min.
- 1 sheet
refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 package
Regular Flavor Pork
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh
- 1-1/2 cups sliced baby Portobello mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded Gruyere or
- 3/4 cup dried
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping
Tablespoons minced fresh
- 2 green
Preheat oven to 450-degress F.
1) Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of
an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Set
aside pastry trimmings.
2) Place pastry crust on a baking sheet.
3) Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden
brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Reduce heat to 375-degrees F.
4) In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium
heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove from pan and set aside.
5) In the same skillet, sauté mushrooms in butter
until tender; set aside.
6) In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cheese, 1/2
cup cranberries, cream, parsley and reserved sausage and mushrooms.
Pour into pastry.
7) On a lightly floured surface, roll out reserved
8) Cut decorative cut-outs from trimmings using
cookie cutters. Place over filling.
9) Bake for 25-30 minutes longer or until filling
is set and golden brown.
10) Sprinkle with green onions and remaining
Page 1 of 1