Breakfast Biscuits and Gravy
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 10 min.
Baking Time: 17 min.
- 1 batch Biscuits
- 1 - cup plus 2 Tablespoons
- 1 - teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1/4 - teaspoon baking soda
- 2 - Tablespoon Crisco
- 1/2 - cup buttermilk
- 1 - Tablespoon Crisco for frying
- 1/2 - pound pork breakfast
- 2 - Tablespoons yellow onion,
- 3 - Tablespoons flour
- 2 - cups hot milk
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
Preheat oven to 500° F.
- In a large mixing bowl. Mix flour,
baking powder, alt, and baking soda.
- Blend in Crisco until mixture is
coarse and grainy.
- Stir in the buttermilk. (Do not over
- On a floured board and marble pastry
board, lay on the dough. Knead just a few times.
- Pat down the dough to about a
- Cut with a biscuit cutter or a
glass. Make 8 biscuits.
- In your frying pan, add the 1
Tablespoon of Crisco. Place in oven for 7 minutes.
- Take out of oven and place the
biscuits in the pan. Turn each one in the oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until light
- Heat your pan and fry the sausage
and onion until the sausage is brown and the onion clear.
- Drain off tall fat (however, leave 2
- Stir in the flour and cook for just
- Add the hot milk.
- Stir constantly until the mixture
thickens and then season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over warm opened biscuits.
Page 1 of 1