Oat and Wheat Pancakes with Cherry Berry Sauce
4 (12 pancakes) servings
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup uncooked oat bran hot
- 1/2 cup whole wheat
- 3 Tablespoons
- 2 Tablespoons
- 2 1/4 teaspoons
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 1/4 cups
- 1 Tablespoon
- 2 egg
whites or 1/3 cup
refrigerated or frozen fat-free egg product, thawed
1) In medium saucepan, combine water and
cornstarch; stir until cornstarch is dissolved.
2) Stir in sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, ginger,
cherries, and blueberries.
3) Cook over medium-high heat for 10 to 15 minutes
or until mixture comes to a boil, stirring occasionally. Boil 1
minute. Set aside.
4) In medium bowl, combine oat bran, flour, brown
sugar, wheat germ, baking powder and salt; mix well.
5) In small bowl, combine milk, oil and egg
whites; beat until well blended.
6) Add to dry ingredients and stir just until dry
ingredients are moistened and large lumps disappear.
Preheat nonstick griddle or large skillet to medium-high heat
7) Pour scant 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle,
spreading to form 4-inch pancakes.
8) Cook for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, turning when edges
look cooked and bubbles begin to break on surface.
9) Continue to cook for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or
until golden brown. Serve warm sauce over pancakes.