Coffee Chocolate Chip Waffles
1) In a large bowl, combine the flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Stir
2) Whisk together the milk, coffee, eggs, butter or vegetable oil,
3) Stir into the dry ingredient mixture, stirring just enough to
4) Cover with plastic wrap and allow to sit in a warm place until
doubled in size�about 45 minutes.
5) Fold in chocolate chips.
Preheat the waffle iron according to manufacturer's
6) Spoon in enough of the batter to cover the iron.
7) Bake until done and golden brown.
8) Serve hot with Maple Coffee Butter.
Maple Coffee Butter
- 2 teaspoons Instant
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 sticks unsalted
Stir the Instant Coffee Crystals granules
into the syrup in a heatproof glass measuring cup.
Heat in the microwave until hot (a minute or
Stir until the coffee is dissolved.
Cool and chill until cold.
Whip the butter in the food processor or with
an electric mixer.
Drizzle in the maple-coffee mixture and whip
until the mixture is smooth and fluffy.
Spread onto hot waffles, pancakes, bagels,
English muffins, toast, or bread.
Page 1 of 1