Corn Waffles with Cilantro -
10 (4-inch) servings
Prep Time: 20 min.
Baking Time: 15 min.
- 1-3/4 - cups self-rising flour
- 1/3 - cup sugar
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 3 - large eggs (separated)
- 1/2 - cup buttermilk
- 1/3 - cup vegetable oil
- 1 - cup frozen whole kernel corn
- Cilantro-Lime Butter (see below)
- In a large bowl, you want to
combine flour, sugar, and salt.
- Make a well in the center of dry
- In a medium bowl, stir together
egg yolks, buttermilk, oil, and corn. Add to dry
ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moist.
- At at high speed with an electric mixer,
beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter.
- In a preheated, oiled waffle iron,
cook until golden.
- Serve with Cilantro-Lime Butter,
honey, or maple syrup.
Makes 1/2 cup
Prep Time: 5 min.
- 1/2 - cup butter (softened)
- 1 - Tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 - teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 - teaspoon fresh lime juice
- In a medium bowl, you want to stir
together butter, cilantro, lime rind, and lime juice until