Home Buttermilk Hot Cakes
Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 15 min.
- 1 - cup oats
- 1-1/2 - cups buttermilk (or milk
with 1-1/2 teaspoons vinegar added)
- 1/4 - cup brown sugar
- 2 - eggs
- 1/4 - cup margarine, melted
- 1 - cup flour
- 1 - teaspoon baking soda
- 1 - teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, add oats and
buttermilk. Let stand 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in sugar.
- Beat eggs and add margarine and stir
into oat mixture.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine
flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to oat mixture.
- Stir lightly until mixed (it will be
lumpy like mashed potatoes).
- Ladle onto hot griddle until bubbly
in the center.
- Flip and brown. (Turn only once.)