Cinnamon Pecan Pancakes
Makes 8 to 10 (4 or 5-inch) pancakes
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 - cup regular oats
- 1-1/2 - cups milk
- 2 - eggs, beaten
- 1/4 - cup melted shortening or oil
- 1-1/4 - cups flour
- 2 - Tablespoons sugar
- 1 - Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 - teaspoon salt
- 3/4 - teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 - cup raisins
- 1/2 - cup pecans, chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats
and milk. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Add eggs and shortening and mix
- In another large mixing bowl, mix
flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Pour oat-milk mixture into flour
mixture and stir to blend.
- Stir in raisins and pecans.
- Pour pancake batter onto a nonstick
or lightly greased griddle.
- Cook until tops are slightly dry
around edges and bubbly in middle.
- Turn and cook other side. (Turn only
- Serve with your favorite syrup.