Oven French Toast
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Chilling Time: 8 to 10 hours (or
Prep Time: 15 min.
Baking Time: 60 min.
- 1 - loaf (12-ounces) French bread
- 1 - can (21-ounces) apple pie
- 8 - eggs
- 2 - cups milk
- 2 - cups half-and-half
- 2 - teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 - teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 - teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 - cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 - cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 - cup butter, softened
- 2 - Tablespoons dark corn syrup
Butter 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Slice bred into 1-inch slices. Arrange
single layer of bread slices in bottom of baking pan. Spread pie
filling over bead. Top with a layer of bread slices.
- In a blender container, add eggs, milk,
half-and-half, vanilla, nutme, and cinnamon. Process until well mixed.
Pour over top of bread.
- Refrigerate and cover for 8 to 10 hours
Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, mix brown sugar,
pecans, butter, and corn syrup. Mix well.
- Spread over top of bread mixture.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until puffed and