'Le Chocolat' French Toast
Makes 8 to 10 pieces of French toast.
Prep Time: 5 min.
Grilling Time: 8 min.
- 3 - eggs
- 3/4 - cup milk
- 3 - Tablespoons sugar
- 2 - Tablespoons Hershey's Cocoa
- 1/4 - teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 - teaspoon salt
- 1/4 - teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 8 to 10 - pieces thickly sliced bread
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Pancake syrup (optional)
- In medium bowl, beat eggs, milk,
sugar, cocoa, vanilla, salt and cinnamon until smooth.
Heat griddle or skillet over medium-low
heat. Grease griddle with margarine, if necessary.
- Dip bread in egg mixture.
- Place on griddle.
- Cook about 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately with powdered
sugar or pancake syrup, if desired.