Hearty-Banana Oat Pancakes
Makes about 12 (4-inch) pancakes
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 15 min.
- 2 - large ripe bananas, peeled and
- 1 - Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 - cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 - cup QuakerŽ Oats (quick or
old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 - Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 - teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 - teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 - cup fat-free milk
- 1 - egg, lightly beaten
- 2 - Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Maple syrup, warmed
- Banana slices (optional)
- Coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
Preheat griddle over medium-high
heat (or preheat electric skillet or griddle to 375°F). Lightly
- In medium bowl, combine banana
slices and sugar; stir to coat slices with sugar. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine flour,
oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- In medium bowl, combine milk, egg
and oil; blend well.
- Add to flour mixture all at once.
Mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.)
- For each pancake, pour scant 1/4
cup batter onto hot griddle.
- Top with four or five banana
- Turn pancakes when tops are
covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
- Serve with warm syrup and, if
desired, additional banana slices and nuts.