Makes 10 servings (2 waffle squares each)
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 5 min.
- 2 - cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 1-1/3 - cups milk
- 2 - Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 - egg
- 1 - can (4.5 ounces) chopped green
- 1 - teaspoon chili powder
- 1 - pound lean ground beef
- 1 - envelope (1.25 ounces) taco
- 6 - cups finely shredded lettuce
- 1 - cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4
- 2 - medium tomatoes, chopped (1
- 1-1/2 - cups sour cream
- 2 - medium green onion, sliced (2
Heat waffle iron; grease with
shortening if necessary (or spray with cooking spray before heating).
- In a large bowl, stir Bisquick,
milk, oil and egg until blended.
- Stir in chilies and chili powder.
- Pour about 1/2 cup batter onto
center of hot waffle iron. (Waffle irons vary in size; check
manufacturer’s directions for recommended amount of batter.)
- Close lid of waffle iron and bake
about 5 minutes until steaming stops and waffle is golden brown.
- Carefully remove waffle and repeat
with remaining batter.
- While waffles are baking, cook
beef as directed on package of seasoning mix.
- Top waffles with beef and lettuce,
tomatoes, sour cream and green onion.
- (Total time will vary; cooking
time is per batch.)
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft) Bake 5
to 6 minutes.