Banana Walnut Pancakes
Makes 4 servings (3 pancakes each)
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 10-20 min.
- 1/2 - cup hot rice cereal, uncooked
- 1/2 - cup all-purpose flour
- 2 - Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 - Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 - cup fat free milk
- 1 - medium ripe banana, mashed
(about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 - cup (2 ounces) Egg Beaters®
- 2 - Tablespoons butter or
- 1/4 - cup chopped walnuts
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- banana slices, (optional)
- walnut pieces, (optional)
- maple-flavored syrup, (optional)
- Combine cereal, flour, sugar and
baking powder in medium bowl; set aside.
- Mix milk, mashed banana, Egg
Beaters and butter in separate bowl until well blended.
- Add to cereal mixture; stir just
until blended. (Do not over mix. Batter should still be slightly
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir in chopped walnuts.
Spray large skillet with cooking
spray; heat over medium heat.
- Ladle batter into skillet, using
1/4 cup batter for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbles form and burst
on top; flip cakes over and cook 2 minutes, or until other side is
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve topped with banana slices,
walnut pieces and syrup, if desired