Fresh Tomato & Asparagus Frittata
Prep Time: 25 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
- 1/2 - pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/4 - cup butter
- 4 - ounces (1 cup) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 - medium (1/2 cup) onion, chopped
- 6 - eggs
- 8 - slices (2/3 cup) bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 1 - small tomato, sliced
- 4 - ounces (1 cup) Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- In a nonstick 10-inch skillet, place asparagus
spears and add enough water to cover.
- Bring to a full boil. Cook over medium heat for
5 to 7 minutes or until crisply tender.
- Drain and transfer asparagus to small plate.
- In the same skillet, melt butter until
sizzling. Add mushrooms and onion and cook over medium heat for 3 to
4 minutes or until tender.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Stir
- Pour into skillet. Stir gently over medium heat
to cook evenly on bottom for 3 to 4 minutes.
- As egg mixture sets, lift edges with spatula to
allow uncooked egg to flow underneath.
- Arrange tomato slices and asparagus on top.
- Cover and continue cooking for 4 to 5 minutes
or until eggs are set.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cut into wedges.
Alan's Kitchen Tip:
- Any combination of cooked broccoli, green bell
pepper, red bell pepper, carrot, zucchini or summer squash can be
substituted for tomato or asparagus.
1 of 1