Potato Asparagus Frittata
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 37 min
- 1 - Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 - cup sliced green onions
- 1 - pound (2 cups) asparagus spears, cut into
- 1 1/2 - cups refrigerated shredded hash brown
- 1/2 - cup milk
- 6 - eggs, beaten
- 1 - teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 2 - ounces (1/2 cup) Swiss Cheese, shredded
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Melt butter in 10-inch skillet melt butter
until sizzling. Add green onions and asparagus.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring
occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisply tender.
- Add potatoes and continue cooking, stirring
occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low.
- In a medium bowl, stir together milk, eggs,
lemon pepper and salt. Add to potato mixture.
- Cover and cook for 30 to 35 minutes or until
center is almost set.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from heat.
- Cover and let stand for 2 to 3 minutes or until
cheese is melted.
- To serve, cut into wedges. Garnish with
Alan's Kitchen Tip:
- You can substitute 1 1/2 cups pasteurized
refrigerated liquid egg substitute for the 6 eggs. While each whole
egg contains about 5 grams of fat and 215 milligrams of cholesterol,
egg substitute is cholesterol and fat free.
- Snap off the tough and woody ends of asparagus
spears by gently bending the lower third of the spear---it will
easily break in just the right spot. Discard tough ends.
1 of 1