Brunch Bunch Scramble
to 18 servings
Prep Time: 10 min.
Baking Time: 15 min.
- 18 - eggs
- 1 - cup nonfat or low-fat (1%) milk
- 1-1/2 - teaspoons dill weed
- 3/4 - teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 - teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 - cups diced cooked lean ham
- 1 - can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms,
- 1/3 - cup minced green onions with
- 1 - Tablespoon butter or
cooking oil or cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In large bowl, beat together eggs,
milk, dill weed, salt, if desired, and lemon juice until well
- Stir in ham, mushrooms and onions.
- In preheated oven, melt butter in 13 x
9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Pour in egg mixture. Place in oven.
- As mixture begins to set, after about
8 minutes, pull out oven rack.
- Gently draw an inverted pancake turner
completely across bottom and sides of pan, lifting and turning
mixture to form large, soft curds.
- Return to oven. Repeat a few more
times until eggs are thickened and no visible liquid egg remains,
about 12 to 15 minutes. Do not stir constantly.
Alan's Kitchen Tip: Although it's
best to serve scrambled eggs immediately after cooking, you can hold
them for a short time. Place pan of cooked eggs over pan of hot water.
(Scrambled eggs will quickly become overdone if held over direct heat.)