Easy Homemade Pineapple-Banana Coffeecake
Makes 9 servings
Prep Time: 15 min.
Baking Time: 1 hr. 28 min
- Coffee Cake
- 1 package Betty Crocker® banana
quick bread mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple,
drained, liquid reserved
- 1/4 cup flaked or shredded coconut
- Pineapple Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Remaining drained crushed
pineapple (1/4 cup)
- 1 Tablespoon liquid reserved from
- 1 Tablespoon butter or margarine,
- Garnish, if desired
- 2 Tablespoons flaked or shredded
Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease bottom
only of 8- or 9-inch square pan.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft):
- In medium bowl, stir quick bread
mix, water, oil and eggs until well blended (batter may be
- Gently stir in 1/3 cup of the
pineapple and 1/4 cup coconut. Spread in pan.
- Bake 8-inch pan 35 to 40 minutes,
9-inch pan 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center
comes out clean.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In small bowl, mix all glaze
ingredients until smooth and spreadable.
- Spread glaze over coffee cake.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons
Heat oven to 375ºF. Stir 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour into dry quick bread
mix. Increase water to 1 cup. Bake
8-inch pan 43 to 48 minutes, 9-inch pan 30 to 35 minutes.
Alan's Kitchen Tip:
Drain the pineapple well before adding it to the batter; the juice is excellent
in the glaze.