Italian Breakfast Casserole
Prep Time: 15 min.
Baking Time 60 min.
- 1 package Italian Flavor
eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups
- 2 teaspoons dry
- 1 teaspoon
- 6 cups cubed bread
- 8 ounces (2 cups) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 teaspoon black
- 1/2 cup sliced
- 1 medium
tomato, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped
green pepper (optional)
Parmesan cheese (optional)
Preheat oven 325 F.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium-high
heat, stirring frequently until thoroughly cooked and no longer pink.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine beaten eggs with
milk, oregano and salt; stir well.
- Distribute half the bread evenly in a buttered
9" x 13" x 2" baking dish.
- Sprinkle with half the pepper, half the cheese,
half the sausage and half of each optional ingredient.
- Repeat layering using remaining bread, pepper,
cheese, sausage and optional ingredients.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over the casserole;
sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Bake uncovered for 55 to 60 minutes, or until
eggs are set.
- Tent with foil if top begins to brown too
Page 1 of 1