Pork Sausage Breakfast Casserole
Makes 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 min.
Baking Time: 1 hr.
- 1 - package Flavor Pork
Sausage (Regular, Sage, Hot
- 10 - eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 - cups milk
- 2 - teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 - teaspoon salt
- 6 - cups cubed bread
- 2 - cups shredded sharp Cheddar
- 1/2 - teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 - cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 - medium tomato, seeded and
- 1/2 - cup thin-sliced green onions
Preheat oven to 325 F. Grease
9x13-inch baking dish.
- In large skillet, cook sausage
over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until thoroughly cooked
and no longer pink.
- In large mixing bowl, combine
eggs, milk, mustard and salt; stir well. Distribute half the bread
evenly in a buttered 9x 13-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with half the pepper,
half the cheese, half the sausage and half of each optional
ingredient. Repeat layering using remaining bread, pepper, cheese,
sausage and optional ingredients.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over
- Bake uncovered for 55 to 60 minutes,
or until eggs are set.
- Tent with foil if top begins to
brown too quickly.
May be assembled ahead and refrigerated
up to 12 hours before baking.
Page 1 of 1