Orange Breakfast Scones
Prep Time: 20 min.
Baking Time: 28 min.
- 2-1/4 - cups all-purpose flour
- 3 - Tablespoons sugar
- 1 - Tablespoon baking powder
- 2-1/2 - teaspoons freshly grated
- 1/3 - cup butter
- 1/2 - cup Mandarin orange segments,
- 1/2 - cup sweetened dried
- 1 - cup sour cream
- 1 - egg
- 2 - Tablespoons orange juice or
Mandarin orange liquid
- 1 - Tablespoon sugar
Heat oven to 400°F. and grease a
9-inch round cake pan.
- In a large bowl, you want to combine
flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and orange peel.
- Cut in butter until mixture
resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in Mandarin oranges and cranberries.
- In a small bowl, you want to combine
sour cream, egg and orange juice in small bowl; beat with wire
whisk until smooth.
- Stir sour cream mixture into flour
mixture until well mixed. (Mixture will be dry.)
- Spread into greased round cake pan.
Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake for 28 to 32 minutes or until
toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and scone is lightly
- Cool 5 minutes and remove from pan.
Cut into wedges.
Page 1 of 1