Easy Nectarine & Raspberry Breakfast Crisp
6 to 8 servings
Prep time: 10 min.
Baking time: 45 min.
- 3-1/2 - pounds fresh nectarines, pitted and
sliced (peeling is optional)
- 1-1/2 - cups sugar
- 6 - Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 - Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 - teaspoon grated lime zest*
- 1 - pint fresh raspberries
- Crisp Topping (recipe below)
- 2 - cups plain or vanilla-flavored low-fat
Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Place sliced nectarines in a large bowl.
- Add sugar, cornstarch, lime juice, vanilla,
and lime zest.
- Stir gently until sugar and cornstarch are
- Gently stir in raspberries.
- Spread fruit mixture into 2-1/2-quart baking
- Top evenly with Crisp Topping, and bake 40 to
45 minutes, until crisp topping is golden brown and the fruits’
juices are bubbling.
- Top each serving with a dollop of yogurt if
- 1/4 - cup maple syrup
- 1/4 - cup (1/2 stick) melted butter or
- 2 - cups granola (an almond or cinnamon
variety works well)
- Whisk together maple syrup and butter or oil
in a medium bowl.
- Stir in granola, tossing to coat.
Alan's Kitchen Tip
- * Zest is the colored part of a citrus peel.
Remove it from the lime using a citrus zester or fine grater, taking
care not to remove the bitter white part, which is called the pith.
Page 1 of 1