10 (1/2 cup each) servings
Prep Time: 15 min.
Baking Time: 45 min.
- 3/4 - cup butter or margarine
- 2 - large celery stalks, chopped
- 1 - medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 9 - cups soft bread cubes (15 slices)
- 1-1/2 - teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 - teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 - teaspoon pepper
- In 4-quart Dutch oven, you want to melt
butter over medium-high heat.
- Cook celery and onion in butter 6 to 8
minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Remove Dutch oven from the heat.
- Gently toss celery mixture and remaining
ingredients, using spoon, until bread cubes are evenly coated.
- Use to stuff one 10- to 12-pound turkey.
to bake stuffing separately, grease 3-quart casserole or rectangular
baking dish, 13x9x2 inches.
- Place stuffing in casserole or baking
- Cover with lid or aluminum foil and bake
at 325°F for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer.