Makes 2 dozen biscuits
Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 15 min.
Preheat oven to
400°F and grease baking sheets.
- Into a large mixing bowl, sift in the flour,
baking power, salt, sugar and baking soda.
- Cut in the shortening until
mixture is consistency of coarse meal.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Stir into the flour mixture, the yeast mixture
and buttermilk. Mix well.
- Turn dough out on lightly floured surface and
roll dough about 1/4-inch thick.
- Spread butter evenly on the rolled dough. Fold
dough in half and cut into 2-inch squares.
- Place on baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes.