4 to 6 servings
Prep Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
Rising Time: 45 min
Dough Resting Time: 20 min
Baking Time: 20 min
- 1/2 Tablespoon
active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup very warm
water (105° F. to 115° F.)
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
Tablespoon olive oil
medium onion, chopped
medium clove garlic, minced
can (4-1/2-ounce) whole peeled tomatoes, undrained and chopped
Tablespoon tomato paste
teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon
dried basil, crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon
- 1-3/4 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated
- 1/2 small red
bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 small greed
bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup pitted
ripe olives, cut into halves
fresh medium mushrooms, sliced
can (2-ounce) flat anchovy fillets, drained
- In a small bowl, sprinkle yeast and
1/2-teaspoon sugar over warm water. Stir until yeast is
dissolved. Let stand until yeast is bubbly.
- In a medium bowl, place 1-1/2-cups flour
and 1/4-teaspoon salt.
- Stir in yeast mixture and 1-Tablespoon
oil, stirring until a smooth, soft dough forms.
- On a floured surface, knead dough (using
remaining flour as needed) to form stiff elastic dough.
- In a greased bowl, let dough rise,
covered, in a warm place for 30 to 40 minutes or until doubled
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1-Tablespoon
oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, cook for about 5 minutes or
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano,
basil, remaining 1/2-teaspoon sugar, remaining 1/2 -teaspoon
salt and the black pepper.
- Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to
- Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally,
for 10 to 15 or until sauce is thick.
- Pour sauce into a bowl and let it cool.
Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Punch down dough. Knead briefly on
lightly floured surface to distribute air bubbles.
- Let dough rest 5 minutes.
- On lightly floured surface, flatten dough
into a circle.
- Roll out dough into a 10-inch circle.
- Place circle in a greased 12-inch pizza
- Pat dough out to edges of the pan.
- Let stand, covered 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix mozzarella and
- Spread sauce evenly over pizza dough.
- Sprinkles with 2/3 of the cheeses.
- Arrange bell peppers, olives, mushrooms
and anchovies on top of pizza.
- Sprinkle remaining cheeses on top of
- Bake for 20 minutes or until crust in
- Cut into wedges and serve.
Page 1 of 1